Ginger Pina Colada Popsicle (Non-Alcoholic)
Who wouldn’t want to enjoy chilled popsicles during summer? A perfect summer-y fruity treat that is absolutely natural, refined sugar-free and so so yummy. Ginger pina colada popsicle will definitely be one of your go-to recipes this summer. As the name says, ginger pina colada popsicle is made of of pineapple, coconut milk and a hint of ginger. Being non-alcoholic, this ginger pina colada popsicle is suitable for kids as well.
By now you must have known that summer has really been helping me come up with some easy and delicious recipes. I hope you all are enjoying my summer recipes Mango Spinach Dal, Watermelon Rose Sharbat, Mavinakayi Gojju, Chatpata Watermelon Juice and bookmarking them to try before the season ends at least! Well, I think one should definitely include seasonal recipes in their diets, right from the selection of vegetables and fruits. There is always a joy in relishing your favourite fruit or vegetable after having waited for a whole year. For me it is usually mango during summers and avarekalu (hyacinth beans) during winters (oh well, I am missing them big time here in Germany). I am sure you would also have a favourite fruit or vegetable from each season, don’t you?
When you say summer, you hear ice cream, popsicle, gola and what not? Of course, you can enjoy them anytime of the year, but it is mostly relished during summers for obvious reason. And when it comes to popsicles, they are so EASY-PEASY to make and there is so much fun making them yourself at home. You know what goes in and in what quantity. Most importantly, you can make it with ingredients of your choice with everything natural and either use refined sugar or other healthier substitute.
Pina colada is a cocktail originated from Puerto Rico, that is made of pineapple, coconut milk or coconut cream and rum. All the ingredients are blended to form this super delicious and creamy cocktail. Though authentically rum is used for this, you can skip it for kids-friendly version or if you do not wish to include alcohol. This recipe of ginger pina colada is as simple as preparing the drink with pineapple, coconut milk, honey and a hint of ginger and finally pouring it to molds to freeze and enjoy as popsicles. I do not prefer alcohol and have skipped using rum. But, you can definitely use a dash of it if you like to.
Important points to remember while making Ginger Pina Colada Popsicle:
This ginger pina colada popsicle is creamy because of two important factors. One is using full fat coconut milk and the other being frozen pineapple. Yes, remember to FREEZE your pineapple chunks for at least 5 hours. This gives it a very smooth and creamy texture. And of course full-fat coconut milk makes it all the more creamier. You can use reduced fat coconut milk too. But remember that thick rich coconut milk makes this so creamy and delicious.
Ginger gives that extra punch and a very distinct flavour to this. Remember to not use too much as it will be too strong to dominant over the flavours of coconut and pineapple. Just a small piece will do.
Frozen pineapple chunks should be blended first along with ginger. You may use a tablespoon of water to help in easy blending. Only when this is completely done and is smooth in consistency, add in the coconut milk and just pulse it once or twice so that it gets mixed well. Remember to not blend for too long after adding coconut milk.
Honey is being used here. If your pineapple is sweet enough, just skip adding honey. You may also use sugar.
While unmolding the popsicles, just dip your mold in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes and gently press it at the bottom. This will help in easy unmolding.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed preparing it and writing it down for you all. I would love to hear your feedbacks on this. When you try it, kindly post your valuable comments below or share it with me personally on Instagram / Facebook, or post it with due courtesy. You may also pin it on Pinterest.
Pin this Ginger Pina Colada Popsicle recipe for later
Summer recipes you might be interested in
Don’t you think this ginger piña colada popsicle is just perfect to make during summer and enjoy with your family and friends? Well, you would almost feel like you are on a vacation on a beach 😉 So, let us get into the recipe right away, shall we? I bet you cannot wait any longer 😉
*Std. Measurement- 1 cup=250ml
Ginger Pina Colada Popsicle (Non-Alcoholic)
- 1.5 cups pineapple chunks - , cored and frozen
- 1.5 cups coconut milk - , full fat
- a small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 to 3 tbsp honey - , or as required
- Take the frozen pineapple chunks in a blender. Blend them along with ginger until very smooth and creamy. You can add a tablespoon (or two) of water if it is getting difficult to blend frozen pineapple.
- Once pineapple and ginger have been blended well, add in honey, coconut milk and pulse it just once or twice, so that everything gets mixed uniformly. You need not have to blend it too long.
- Pour the ginger pina colada to popsicle molds, insert the stick and freeze it for at least 6 hours or overnight, which is ideal.
- Once it is set well, dip each mold in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes and remove the popsicle from the mold. Enjoy!
- Freezing pineapple is very important to get a creamy pina colada. So, core the pineapple and chop it to cubes and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Adding ginger just gives a lovely flavour and a zing. But if you wish to skip it, you definitely can.
- I have used organic honey as it is a healthier alternative to refined-sugar. The pineapple I used was sweet enough and needed only 2 tablespoons of honey. But, if you require you can add more. If you wish to use refined-sugar instead of honey, you sure can.
- As mentioned, you can also make this alcoholic by adding a dash of rum.