Come summers you are bound to make glasses of coolers. Watermelon is one of those perfect summer fruits to make varieties of drinks.
This chatpata watermelon juice is just perfect for summer with a blend of flavours.
A coolant that is totally rich in health benefits, that you need this summer, is this chatpata watermelon juice.
A handful of ingredients, 10 minutes of your time, a blender /mixer is all that you require to make this chatpata watermelon juice.
As a kid, it was pure joy filled with innocence to peacefully dig into these beauties, not bothering about all the mannerisms and the sophisticated way of eating!
Who cares if I’m eating those big boats of watermelon (as I used to call them) messy? I cannot really call it happiness when you don’t enjoy food the way it has to be enjoyed! What do you say?
Though I prefer eating whole fruits, at times, I do like to sip on to these perfect summer-y drinks. And when you have additional flavours to the good old watermelon juice, who would want to say no?
This chatpata watermelon juice has all those perfect flavours that you can find in an Indian healthy drink.
With every sip you can get the wonderful blend of mint leaves, fennel seeds, chaat masala, hint of pepper, salt, lemon juice and jaggery. Everything in mild portions just enough to give you that chatpata zing. Sounds very tantalizing, doesn’t it? 😉
Health Benefits of Chatpata Watermelon Juice
Watermelon is known not just to hydrate your body, but also to be having other health benefits like anti-cancer qualities, improving heart health, good for skin and hair, rich in antioxidants, to name a few.
This chatpata watermelon drink also comes up with other health benefits because of the other ingredients used.
Mint leaves and fennel seeds for digestion & bad breath, jaggery with benefits like weight loss, source of energy, rich in antioxidants and minerals etc, chaat masala made up of ingredients that again help in digestion, rich in iron and calcium, vitamins A and C and also an antioxidant.
Pin for later:
Recipes that you might be interested in:
Do you need any other reason to try this tasty and healthy chatpata watermelon juice this summer? I bet not.
What are you waiting for, then? Bookmark the recipe and start pulling out the ingredients from your pantry right away!
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed preparing it and writing it down for you all.
You may also pin it on Pinterest.
Let us jump into the recipe of this chatpata watermelon juice now, shall we?
*1 cup= 250 ml*
Chatpata Watermelon Juice | Refreshing Summer Watermelon Drink
- 2.5 cups watermelon cubes - , deseeded
- 6-8 nos. fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 3-4 nos. whole pepper
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp jaggery powder
- a pinch of salt
- 4-6 nos. ice cubes - , optional
- juice of half lemon
- Put in fresh mint leaves, fennel seeds, whole pepper, chaat masala and salt to a small mixer jar and grind to a fine powder. Set aside. Make sure your mint leaves are not wet.
- Into a juice jar / blender put in the chopped watermelon cubes, jaggery and 1/4 cup water. Blend well to get the juice.
- Add the prepared spice powder and lemon juice to the watermelon juice and mix well. Pour the chatpata watermelon juice to glasses and serve chilled by adding ice cubes. (if using) You can squeeze in more lemon juice if required.
- You can increase the quantity of jaggery powder as per your liking or skip completely if your watermelon is sweet enough. You can use sugar instead of jaggery, if you wish to.
- If you do not have fennel seeds (saunf) you can add 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds. The taste of the juice might vary slightly.
- You can strain the juice to remove the pulp and then serve, if you wish to. However, I do not prefer to strain and hence, I haven't mentioned this step in the recipe.