Ginger Pina Colada Popsicle (Non-Alcoholic)
Ginger Pina Colada Popsicle is a very popular cocktail with a hint of ginger turned into popsicles, making them even more perfect for summer.
- 1.5 cups pineapple chunks - , cored and frozen
- 1.5 cups coconut milk - , full fat
- a small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 to 3 tbsp honey - , or as required
Take the frozen pineapple chunks in a blender. Blend them along with ginger until very smooth and creamy. You can add a tablespoon (or two) of water if it is getting difficult to blend frozen pineapple.
Once pineapple and ginger have been blended well, add in honey, coconut milk and pulse it just once or twice, so that everything gets mixed uniformly. You need not have to blend it too long.
Pour the ginger pina colada to popsicle molds, insert the stick and freeze it for at least 6 hours or overnight, which is ideal.
Once it is set well, dip each mold in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes and remove the popsicle from the mold. Enjoy!
- Freezing pineapple is very important to get a creamy pina colada. So, core the pineapple and chop it to cubes and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Adding ginger just gives a lovely flavour and a zing. But if you wish to skip it, you definitely can.
- I have used organic honey as it is a healthier alternative to refined-sugar. The pineapple I used was sweet enough and needed only 2 tablespoons of honey. But, if you require you can add more. If you wish to use refined-sugar instead of honey, you sure can.
- As mentioned, you can also make this alcoholic by adding a dash of rum.