Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe | Eggless, Refined Sugar-free
Refined sugar-free eggless mousse that is so rich and delicious yet healthy and can be whipped up in just few minutes.
- 2 nos. ripened avocados
- 3 tsps tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup - , or raw honey or jaggery powder
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt - , low fat
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- chocolate sprinkles (optional) - , to garnish
- 4 to 6 nos. fresh raspberries (optional) - , to serve
Cut the avocado into two halves, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh. Transfer this to a mixer jar or blender or food processor. Put in all the other ingredients except chocolate sprinkles and raspberries. Blend everything until very smooth and silky. Taste and add more maple syrup if required.
Transfer the mousse to serving bowls or glasses and serve immediately or refrigerate up for an hour for a thicker consistency and serve chilled with chocolate sprinkles and raspberries topping.
- Maple syrup can be replaced by raw honey. Adjust the quantity as per your taste.
- If you wish to increase the flavour of chocolate, feel free to add one or two tablespoons more of cocoa powder.
- Other possible options for toppings are chocolate chips, cacao nibs, nuts, strawberries, shredded coconut etc. You can skip the toppings completely and serve the mousse as is. It tastes equally great.
- This can be stored in refrigerator up to 2 days.